Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bologna 2

So today I woke up early with very good intentions - the choices were 1. stay at home and work on the computer, or 2. go to do some recon for my fieldwork. Without really paying much attention I got ready and went into the kitchen to have my morning coffee and for the first time in the morning looked outside. 23 November and it is snowing in Bologna... started off just small snowflakes, but then they got bigger and scarier. I decided to take option number one because I really don't think I'm physically or emotionally ready to deal with snow. Hopefully after lunch I will have worked myself up to it. And for Sarah's reference here is a link to the satelite pictures http://www.weather.com/weather/map/ITXX0006?name=index_large_animated&day=1
Apart from scary snow, Italy is fantastic. So far all of my contacts have been really helpful and it is so fun it hardly seems like work - one of my interviewees decided that she wants to be interviewed in a social setting - we're going out for an aperitif and then to the presentation of one of the books I am studying... sweet. Yesterday I went to the women's bookstore collective in the city centre and managed to buy 29 books (and I also managed to carry them back to the apartment!) and spend €240 - according to XE.com that is ..... $383.78 . Thank goodness for the travel and top up grants... otherwise I would be seeing you guys sooner rather than later!
Plan is to stay in Bologna until Friday and head back up to Milan where I will be until around about 5 December. Update you soon.
xxx Ang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home